Monday, April 9, 2012

work from the past two weeks

I like to do my friends recital posters for practice--

My good friend Michelle is a singer in The Tree (www.the-tree.biz) and will soon be performing in her Senior Jazz Vocal recital...

A quick sketch for the finished poster.


A version..
The final thingamajig.
I started and restarted Michelle's poster three times, even though simplicity should have been key from day one. Sometimes you learn much more in failing than succeeding. Generally, I don't fuck up the same way twice. I call it a general success.

The guitarist of The Tree, Riley Stockwell, recently performed in his Junior Recital. I didn't get a chance to scan the original before I gave it to him. So this is what I've got:

Me and Riley's poster in the confines of a pre-owned Jetta.

I like making art for people that truly appreciate it. You shoulda seen the grin on Riley's mum. Hah!


No comments:

Post a Comment